Posts

Ben Nuhn brings a wealth of creative and technical knowledge and experience to Bailey’s. We like to hire creative people with technical expertise, because they tend to have lots of practice focussing their attention like a laser to accomplish a task, which enables them to easily enter the “flow” state. Another one of our outstanding new hires on track to become a certified tech, Ben hails from Austin, TX, and is fun to work with because while on the drive to the job he can tell stories about all kinds of great underground songwriters from Austin.

On his second or third day we stacked and assembled 6 sets of scaffolding in a single tower, which we ratcheted to the chimney to keep it (the scaffold) from falling over.

John Sauter (featured earlier in the thread of posts on this page) and I were in our harnesses with the fall protection gear all set up, attached to our ropes as John ferried stuff up to me on top. We all wore our climbing helmets. Lucas got right to it, bringing us whatever we needed before we knew we needed it. We were installing a giant chase cover on what surely must be the highest chimney in White Rock, NM.

We are proud that we attract accomplished, smart folks like Ben Nuhn to our business. Great people enjoy being a part of the winning team!

(And we now offer health care benefits, along with paid time off to our awesome staff.)

–Justin Bailey

You can’t smell it, see it, or taste it, but carbon monoxide (CO) can destroy your health or even take your life. A simple molecule, CO is produced by gas or wood burning appliances in your home. It becomes more dangerous in the winter, when your windows and doors are sealed shut and your heaters are running. A faulty venting system for a water heater, a furnace or a wood stove can turn your home into a health hazard due to CO poisoning.

In uncertain times, there are some things you can control. You may have already reduced the risk of a house fire by having us clean your chimney and dryer vent. If not, call us today to schedule your annual service. We’ve launched a new program this fall with the aim of eliminating your risk of CO exposure by checking your carbon monoxide detectors while doing your annual chimney service. If you don’t have a CO detector, or if yours is expired or nonfunctional, we can provide a new one for you.

Technicians at Bailey’s are now required to carry CO detectors with them. We sell them at our cost, with no installation charge. If we’re at your home to clean the chimney we will check your existing CO and smoke detectors to make sure they are working – and we don’t charge for that either. We also offer courtesy checks of your fire extinguishers and your dryer vent while doing annual chimney service.

Early symptoms of CO poisoning are a lot like flu symptoms: headache, nausea and lethargy. More advanced symptoms include permanent brain damage and death. Please forward this email to your friends and loved ones. Awareness about CO is the first step in protecting ourselves from it.

If we detect CO in your home, we can check all your vents and get to the root of the problem. But the first step is to have a functional CO detector in your home.

If you haven’t checked your CO detector, please do so. If you don’t have one, please get one. If you’ve already had us clean your chimneys this year, thank you for your business. CO detectors are available at most hardware stores, big box stores, and online.

If we haven’t checked your chimney and other vents yet this year, call us today and schedule your annual appointment. Our certified techs will check your vents, advise you on anything that can help protect you from fire danger or CO exposure, and provide CO detectors for your health and safety.

Wishing you a warm and safe holiday season,

Justin Bailey

A customer from today posted this review on our face book page and on our google places page:

WOW Baileys just saved the lives of my dog Samantha and I…..I called them to clean the chimney so I could use the fireplace this winter in the place I rent…they have a GREAT REPUTATION…THOROUGH CONSCIENTIOUS. So I was really pleased at the work they did on the fireplace… But here’s the thing that may have saved our lives… Bailey’s offers a free dryer vent exam when they clean your fireplace and chimney ….I asked them to look at mine and Justin found that the dryer vent was disconnected…and with a gas dryer that means carbon monoxide can be released INTO YOUR HOUSE…so we have been breathing it for awhile, and all that lint was blowing BACK INTO the dryer which is a major fire hazard. GEEZ I thought I was doing enough by cleaning the lint trap when I used it….nope. They are cleaning the whole thing now! Thanks Justin for going above and beyond the call of duty….Samantha and I are grateful.