Rebuilding a Dangerous Kiva Fireplace

Many of the kiva fireplaces in Stam houses, though built to the standards of the 1950's, have fallen into disrepair. The masonry work, including fireplace thickness, hearth thickness, and hearth extension measure, is not up to current codes.
, , , , , ,

Interested in a custom masonry heater for your home?

Justin Bailey recently built this masonry heater in Tesuque, NM. Bailey is one of the only contractors in The Southwest that offers design/build services for this type of fireplace, sometimes called a masonry stove.Bailey, owner of Baileys…

Justin Reports From The Chimney Sweeps Guild Conference

Justin Bailey was at the National Chimney Sweeps Guild Conference in Portland, Oregon. April, 2018. Bailey has served as the journalistic reporter for Sweeping Magazine at the conference for the last four years in a row. Bailey had the opportunity…
, , , , , , , ,

What you need to know before starting that first fire of the season.

As the winter season heads our way we are ready to get the fires burning again. Here are some great steps to take and things to remember: Starting That First Fire Of The Season? Is Smoke In Your Face?Baileys Chimney, LLC. is a certified…

SAFETY ALERT: Helmets Save Lives.

By Justin BaileyAt the 2017 NCSG trade show, Brian Barnhill told me a story about why his supply company, Barnhill Chimney Supply, is selling a line of climbing helmets made by Petzl. I called him up recently and asked if he would go on…

Angies List Super Service Award

Bailey's Chimney is the proud recipient of the Angie's List Super Service Award for 2016! Thank you to our wonderful customers for all of the positive reviews!
, , , ,

SantaFe.com Interviews Justin Bailey

Green Building and Sustainable Development: January 30, 2017 “Kim interviews Justin Bailey, owner of Bailey’s Chimney Cleaning and Repair, northern New Mexico’s premier chimney service company and a proud member of SFAHBA. Look for Justin’s…
, ,

Carbon Monoxide, Silent Killer

You can’t smell it, see it, or taste it, but carbon monoxide (CO) can destroy your health or even take your life. A simple molecule, CO is produced by gas or wood burning appliances in your home. It becomes more dangerous in the winter, when…